Yesterday, I received an emailed pic of my niece wearing a shirt that said "Big Sister" on it from my sister in Springfield. YAY! I get to be an auntie again!
Today, I was visited at the office by a external account rep from my old Temp Agency. I looked at her card...and said..I used to work for you guys! I asked about my recruiter...and learned she was still there and had just recently gotten married. After the rep left, I had to call her! She was very excited to hear from me and to know how things were going for me. She updated my records and where I was employed. I was thrilled to tell her that I had been with my company for over two years. She said that was so great...and what a personal accomplishment that was for me. Indeed! She worked so carefully to get me assignments despite my ragged resume.
This afternoon, I realized that the boys had completely worn through their shoes. So we headed off to Payless. J had been complaining of his feet hurting for several weeks now...and even asked the chiropractor to adjust his feet today. I was astounded when the lady measured his foot at 1 to 1 1/2! He WAS wearing a 13...and his toes had literally grown out of his shoes! No wonder his feet were hurting! It's also official...J has passed his brother N up in shoe sizes. N was measured at a 13 to 13 1/2.....up from a 13...LOL!
Tonight, I had a productive phone conversation with my ex regarding the boys. Over time...with much diligence and encouragement, I think I have been successful in learning ways to communicate with him. I give God all the credit in giving me strength to persevere and not succumb to manipulation or spiteful remarks.
I am truly thankful for the growing pains...as I look back on the steps of the path that have brought me here. It's funny to think about, when T and I have discussed the actual physical growing pains with our children.
It's real. But it's not bad. But it hurts. But it's always okay.
4 comments:
There are growing pains with kids?! That's part of the bargain, too?
Congrats on the growth in spite of the situation with your ex.
Yeah, growing pains, N had them really bad last saturday. Cman's legs have been hurting him. I on the other hand have been "pain free" for some time! LOL--if only that were true! Growth usually comes at a price, but it's always worth it!
Show me that smile again. (Show me that smile)
Don't waste another minute on your cryin.
We're nowhere near the end (nowhere near)
The best is ready to begin.
Oooohhh. As long as we got each other
We got the world spinnin right in our hands.
Baby you and me, we gotta be
The luckiest dreamers who never quit dreamin.
As long as we keep on givin
We can take anything that comes our way
Baby, rain or shine, all the time
We got each other Sharin the laughter and love.
That's cool golden! I knew the song but it took me awhile to put it together with the post! (I was thinking Family Ties....:) )
For those who are counting...49 hours after surgery...at home...still medicated! :)
Talk about pain! :)
Post a Comment