My boys just crack me up sometimes!
Last week, the day the pool OPENED...they were up at 8:30 cleaning the house. J would ask me, can we go now? I said not yet. He asked what else can I do? Here is the dustcloth...
Today, N decided NOT to go to the pool because there were storm clouds overhead. And truly, it was about to storm...so we would have had to leave the pool anyway.
Tonight, I tried out my new grill again. The chicken worked better than the mahi mahi i tried last night. N wanted us to have a grill so much, that I did let him put it together for me. He did a GREAT job...and I didn't have to redo any of it. I am so pleased he takes after ME in that ability (and not his father, who didn't even know a Philips screwdriver...LOL!)
When I dished out the chicken...N wanted to make sure that I didn't give him the chicken with BBQ sauce on it. I assured him those were on my plate. I hear him doing this buzzing sound...and he is turning his chicken leg around and around...then says in a robotic voice, "BBQ sauce scan complete...no sauce found". I laughed so hard I snorted...ROFL!
At dinner, the boys said they didn't like eating chicken. I said you used to like it...why did you change your mind. J answered "because its nature". They have it in their hearts that we shouldn't eat meat...because it had to die first. I tried to explain the food chain....but that only got us into quoting movie lines! They take after their Dad on this ability...which is cool! The line they quoted was from Shark Tale...when the "godfather fish" explains the fish food chain...you know the one..."there's me...and other fishes...and whale poo...then YOU!" Oh yeah...boys think that is hilarious!
After dinner, the boys kept coming up to me and just telling me how much they loved me and how good my dinner tasted. For some reason I really believe the old saying that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach! When I "cook"...they are always so complimentary to me. But now N is taking over some little cooking/prep in the kitchen. He makes Ramen noodles now. I told him that is NECESSARY skill for college!!! And tonight, he made the kool-aid...and his tasted better than my first batch I made AFTER college graduation. I forgot the sugar and my guest actually drank the whole glass without telling me!
For dessert, we had strawberry shortcake. J only wanted the angelfood cake. N "created" his dessert by cutting little V's into the cake to hold the strawberries...then topped the cool whip in little dots on top of the berries.
Like I said...my boys CRACK me UP! =)
4 comments:
That's cool. Sounds like you had a great day! Tell N I'm proud of how well he did with the grill and that he's learning how to make some stuff in the kitchen too! That's great!
I was quoting My Big Fat Greek Wedding this morning.
"He don't eat no meat?"
"No. He doesn't eat meat."
(Pause)
"That's okay. I serve lamb."
Sounds like boys can be a lot of fun. And helpful around the house sometimes. : )
I LOVE that movie, Dust!
Post a Comment