Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Shoe Sale!

I had to replace my black dress sandals today. The ones from last year were worn out. And I have been told in "no uncertain terms" from a couple of friends, "that I had better throw out shoes when they wear out", so that I won't be slipping and falling again...ending up in the hospital like last summer!

I stopped at Gordman's by my house to look over the clearance racks...because I have to stick to a budget. I was able to find some black dress sandal/heels appropriate for work....and they were 40% off....making my total $17.94. I was thrilled!

At the checkout, the cashier handed me my receipt and said, "you saved $34 by shopping with us today."

In my mind, I know my limits...and I wanted to spend no more than $20 on a pair of shoes. I would NOT have spent more than that, no matter where I found them. So did I really save $34?? Or did I only spend $20??

3 comments:

T said...

LOL :) Good job! I think you spent 20$, but it ALWAYS feels good to think we saved $34 instead! :)

shakedust said...

Effective marketing :)

Jadee said...

It's all irony! (or conspiracy...J/K!) Besides I was still asking for a discount because it was the display pair!!!