As I prepared for my outpatient follow-up Endoscopy today, I mentally went down the checklist. Once you have visited the hospital as much as I have in the last 3 years...you learn how to make the trip the most successful as possible! Kinda sad, huh?
Here is the checklist...feel free to make copies for any future visits you may need!
1. Wear comfy clothes...the more simple the better...shirt/pants. (Don't forget socks.)
2. Wear no jewelry...earrings, rings, watches. This includes not wearing glasses if at possible. (There is nothing worse than being rolled down hallways when you can't see anything or where you're going, but you can lose glasses easily if going to a surgery procedure.)
3. Leave full purse at home or locked in the trunk. Only take in billfold with insurance card, phone, and a book. (At least 200 pages if headed to the ER first...lol! Also, its less items to keep track of...and the full purse has to go to Security.)
4. Make sure you go to the restroom BEFORE going back to the room/bed!!! (Trust me, once you have an IV in...you are stuck!)
5. Don't look at the clock or watch the time. It only makes the waiting unbearable. (I have learned to take a nap...by staring at the tiny spots in the ceiling tiles.) =D
You know it's a sad sign when the nurses AND the transports recognize you! ....and um...that would be ME!
At least today, I had my contacts in and makeup on...but of course, I didn't see any of the cute doctors that I usually see when I look like death warmed over....ROFL!!!
BTW, my scope came out positive that my esophagus is HEALING! Doc does want me to stay on the meds for another 3 months, then we will look into more permanent methods....since my case was "very severe" (in his words).
Thanks for the prayers from everyone for my health over the last few months!
3 comments:
Glad to hear you're healing!
I'll try to remember to keep my purse at home. :)
nOh but, Golden....when YOU go to have your baby, don't wear contacts! I had mine in with the delivery of my first child and I got bloodshot lines on my eyeballs from the edges of the contacts from the pressure. (don't ask....just wear your glasses...lol)
Thanks for the tips! It is good to hear that you are healing.
Post a Comment