I am learning to consider the facts that my health has not been optimal. But I don't like feeling numb to my spiritual growth. I understand we have plateaus occasionally. And I will have to confess, I don't want to pray to be closer to God right now, because every time that I do, I go through TERRIBLE crisies.
I am tired of dealing with crap. I am too exhausted to "make it through" somehow. I yearn for the closeness of Christ without the agonizing ordeals that get me there.
I am reading the book of Ecclesiastes after I read a blog tonight that had quoted Ecc. 1:18. (Since it is God's Word, I am not really plagiarizing...lol).
"For in much wisdom is much grief; and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth in sorrow." (KJV)
Ironically, my Bible italicized the word IS...hmmm....how true!
2 comments:
The writer of Ecclesiastes makes me look like an optimist. :) I generally agree with that passage and the inverse statement that "ignorance is bliss."
I like the book for its gut wrenching honesty. It is probably the most up front conversational book in the Bible. One problem with the book, though, is that it has to be read in context. I know you know this, but it is the story of someone searching for meaning in life and continually coming up short. Some of what the writer says almost completely out of despair, and only when the true conclusion of the matter is reached is purpose clear.
I agree! And that is probably why I am relating to it right now. I feel that I am searching for something more...and I keep coming up empty-handed.
So in search of answers, I am trying to go back to the source...the Scriptures.
Post a Comment