I am SAD....and actually CRIED.....tonight was the last episode of my absolute favorite show....
I remember the first episode of 7th Heaven. I was pregnant with my first son. I was home alone...but fell in love with this family...that I secretly wished was mine.
The second season, I became addicted! I was nursing and rocking my oldest son to sleep during the 7 o'clock hour. I was absorbed into this family for that hour. And soon realized that it was my escape from reality. However, I also realized that I was usually encouraged after the shows...and really felt like they became my family.
So now starts the grieving process.
It's like reading a book...I become attached to the characters. I experience the joy and sadness along with them; the triumphs and disappointments; the love and fear.
Knowing that I still had 7th Heaven to watch....helped cushion the emptiness when Friends said goodbye. =)
3 comments:
Dash and I were talking he said that it's still #1 and that the "story" that WB put out saying it was too much money to produce was a lie, it's cheaper then most of their shows they are just going a different direction. I figured another network would pick it up, but no dice.
farewell 7th Heaven, I hope something that is fit for the whole family takes your place...only time will tell. :(
BTW, N was 1 year old when it started. I can't believe that! Weird. I don't have a show like that for Cman. Oh well, I think the West Wing came on when I was prego with him, but it ends this year too.
Bummer.
Really? I guess I missed the actual "first season" then....uh oh...that means I have to start collecting another DVD series then...LOL!
Wait....
7th Heaven actually started in 1996!
...so I missed a season BEFORE pregnant with N...hmmm...now I have something to catch up on!
Post a Comment