Thursday, May 26, 2005

One for the road

Let me tell you first-hand...

If you run out of gas on the highway, pull over and stop immediately. Don't keep pushing the accelerator and hoping to get a bit further down the road.

Why, you ask. Well, when the Motorist Assist guy comes by at 6pm, he may not have enough gas to get you started.

Yes, this happened to me, just yesterday in fact!

See, I was rushing to pick up my kids from daycare after my appointment. But I didn't stop to get gas, so I wouldn't be late and have to pay $1/minute after 6pm. However, I pushed the car as far as I could go...hoping to make it to the exit. Umm, yeah, didn't work! By this time, I have nothing but fumes in my car. The Motorist Assist truck stopped but he only had about 3/4 gallon of gas left (which should have been enough to start it) We rolled my car back down to level ground and it still wasn't enough to ignite. The Assist guy was kind enough to call another truck that had more gas leftover from the day, to drop it off for me. (In the meantime, I had called my roadside assistance through my insurance company, but it was going to be an hour wait.)

Thankfully, we got the extra gas, and I was able to start my car. And pick up my kids!!

Next time, I will be 15 mins late vs. being an hour and 15 mins late...LOL!

6 comments:

T said...

So are you saying that you found yourself in a hurry and don't know why? You rush and rush until lifes no fun? All you really got to do is live and die...but you're in a hurry and don't know why?

Just wondering!?

Jadee said...

Ok, T...you just took the song right out of my mouth...LMAO!

GoldenSunrise said...

I don't think I know that song. :)

I guess you live and learn. I wouldn't want to pay extra money after 6pm either.

Jadee said...

Ask T to introduce you to ALABAMA...surely you are not too young to not know them? J/K!

"I'm In a Hurry" was my personal theme song in college...lol!

Dash said...

When T and I lived in Springfield we would go to Lamberts with my folks and anyone else that we could drag along. if you've never been there - you may have heard of it. Its' the place where they throw the rolls at you.

Every time we were there we got to hear "Sweet Home Alabama". I must tell you that nothing excited the crowd like hot rolls flying 'round and everyone stomping along to the song.

I was embarassed when I finaly found out that Alabama wasn't singing the song. and I still can't spell lynnard skinnard.

Hot Roll!!!!

windarkwingod said...

Oh Dash - the thought of a good ol' foot stomp to Lynard Skynard's Sweet Home Alabama while dodging biscuits in a happily crowded restaurant has caused me to involuntarily reboot my brain.