Thursday, May 05, 2005

Things Mom Will Never Say

Okay, I couldn't resist adding these jokes today...especially since it's Mother's Day weekend coming up. I realized how many things from I tend to say/do, that are like my mother--AAUGH! T said that some things are good to be like our parents, which is true. I am thankful for being raised with a strong faith in God. On the lighter side, here goes:

THINGS MOM WILL NEVER SAY
  • "How on earth can you see the TV sitting so far back?"
  • "Yeah, I used to skip school alot, too."
  • "Just leave all the lights on...it makes the house look cheery."
  • "Let me smell that shirt--it's good for another week." (maybe not a week, but maybe the next day)
  • "Go ahead and keep that stray dog, honey. I'll be glad to feed and walk him every day."
  • "Well, if Timmy's mom says it's OK, that's good enough for me." (this is the BEST!)
  • "The curfew is just a general time to shoot for. It's not like I'm running a prison around here."
  • "I don't have a tissue with me...just use your sleeve."

2 comments:

T said...

okay, so are you a bad mom if you say some of these things? Or cool, cuz you're giving your kids the realization that you're not perfect?

FYI, my sister laughed at me when I told her that I was teaching Kaylin to do the laundry...some of you may know me well enough to understand why this was funny. Let's just say, Kaylin will know how to do laundry and when she gets older she can choose which way to do it, my way or the "other" option!

Jadee said...

Oh yeah, I think I have actually used the sleeve/tissue phrase...I really didn't have one and clothes DO WASH!!