Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Through the eyes of a child...or tastebuds!

Walking down the steps to the car this morning, my oldest says, "Is this heaven or what?". Confused, I asked him what he was talking about. He said again, "Is this heaven...or just good grapes?"! I laughed and said I was glad he liked the grapes. He said, "Mom, I love you. You are the Best Mom in the whole World! Thanks for getting these yummy grapes."

How sweet to hear! (and timing is good being Mother's day weekend) How enjoyable life is when we appreciate the simple things!

So, what is my deal on the innerchild-kid theme blogs? Maybe I need a life?? Nah...life as a grownup has too much stress sometimes. Think I'll go eat my grapes...and maybe a PBJ! =o)

2 comments:

T said...

don't you love it when out kids take time to appreciate the small stuff. I think God likes it when we take time to be thankful for the small stuff. The big stuff He does is just like "duh, yeah it was me and you're welcome." But when you're appeciated for the small stuff it's like--wow they really get it! They get that I do that for them too! Just my two cents.

roamingwriter said...

Keep those comments close to your heart for the days that they're crabby. How sweet!