I know I blog about the lessons I learn in the service at church, but let me bring it to real life for you--they really hit home with me many times. The main theme from this weekend was being ready/on call/committed to God's divine appointment for your life.
Let me back up for a second, since it was Mother's Day weekend, we also had our Baby Dedication services. I had a baby shower for twins, a baby dedication party pre-service, the actual Saturday night service, and another baby dedication party post-service. Whew! So glad I didn't have babies anymore or I would have never made it!
However, this Mother's Day and baby celebrations was bittersweet for me. I had another friend who delivered about the same time as the twins (boy&girl) and was only 3 weeks early. Her son celebrated life from the protection of his mother's womb to the protection of our Heavenly Father. I have been so torn with grief and happiness, that all I could do was pray for each of these new mothers.
I shared with a dear friend at one party how I could sense that God was formulating the words for me and that I felt soon I would be able to contact my "sister". (I had not been able to locate a phone number for her since my many moves.) I wanted to send her a Mother's Day eCard, since that was the only connection I had. My dear friend said she would be praying for a way to contact her. That night, I dreamed I was sitting at the computer and saw the words, "even though I just talked with you", I had confirmation that I was to send her an eCard.
On Sunday, I was sitting at the computer searching for an eCard for her, when I received an IM on my main screenname that I rarely use for chatting. I did not recognize the screenname but decided to open it. The IM said "Hi!....its me, ------". I nearly fell off my chair! We were able to exchange cell phone numbers and then I got to talk with my friend. It was good to hear her voice and tell her of my love and prayers. And that I was praying for the right time/way to contact her without disturbing her. She said, "thank you, you are the only person that thought that way...I had to leave town to hide out for peace and quiet." And Mother's Day seemed like the perfect day to remind her that she was a very special mother!
God really directed my path on this situation and truly gave me a Divine Appointment. I challenge you to commit yourself to be ready for your next divine appointment.
3 comments:
I've had moments like that. I always pray as you mentioned for the right words at the right time.
There have been times when I feel that God wanted me to send cards of encouragement to friends. They have always told me that they had really needed that "pick-me-up" at just that moment.
I too "happened" to feel I should send a card to someone who had lost a child for mothers day. I'm so thankful when God pokes me hard enough I actually DO something about the urge!
Post a Comment