Sunday, May 22, 2005

Proud Mama :-)

Last night, the pastor shared a story from our Dream.Dare.Do. kickoff campaign service the week prior....

A lady sitting on the front row last week, saw a little boy struggling to carry his rock (part of the campaign to remind of us the people yet to come to church) back to his seat. She said to him, "Wow, that is a heavy rock to carry." He replied, "I wanted to get a big rock, because I have lots of friends that don't know Jesus yet."

I got tears in my eyes when I heard the pastor tell this story, because it was my oldest son who insisted in chosing the biggest rock he could find. I didn't even know his motives until he told our friend. Boy, was this a proud moment for me, as his mom, but especially as a single mom.

I am so honored that my children love God and love to share God with their friends. They love being part of the Kidz ministry at our church. If there is anything I wish for my children, it is truly this experience. I get so excited when I realize "they get it"! They don't have to be 30 to understand that life is about serving God. "They get it" at seven and six years old. When a Kidz leader tells me how impressed they are with the deep understanding my children have of the lessons, it relieves my fears of being a single parent. It doesn't matter that their dad doesn't show up for his visits. It doesn't matter that I work full-time and don't always have the energy for cooking a meal at home. What matters is that "they get it". And that makes it all "worth it" to me!

1 comment:

T said...

It's great when our kids do show that they understand the realness of God's power. I am so glad that your boys are excited about church and being a part of a great program. Remember the scripture says "Train up a child in the way he should go, And when he is old he will not depart from it." Prov. 22:6