Monday, May 16, 2005

Fly by Faith

You have heard of "walking by faith"...let me tell you about "flying by faith".

I am going to my Regional Training for three days in Bloomington, MN with the other District Office Coordinators today. I am very excited about this trip because I love to fly! However, I was worried because this trip falls in between paydays. I am sure others can relate! But I have been working diligently to figure out other ways to get to the airport and back despite parking costs...and one of the other gals said she could cover my meals (since it will all be reimbursed by the company anyway). I always want a little cash on hand in case I need it....but, okay, so I have a Plan B...lol! And I can continue to be excited about my trip!

This morning I opened the patio blinds and startled a little bird on the balcony. But the bird just skitted across the porch and didn't fly away. I thought this was odd, but I looked closer and saw the bird was just a baby...still with the downy fuzz on his head. Then I heard some loud squawking and that was when I saw the "mama" bird swoop down, land by the baby, and fly away! I watched this pattern go on for awhile and found myself saying, "come on baby, you can do it...just trust your mama...just fly...just fly...have faith in your mama!" Finally the baby bird followed after his mama and flew away. I smiled to myself as I went to wake up my boys to get ready for school and remind them I am leaving today, but that I love them soooooo much!

Just now as I finish packing for my trip...you know, the fun book, the spiritual book, the childrearing book, and my journal...the IMPORTANT stuff! LOL! I cleaned out my briefcase from my last trip and what do you know...there is a $10 bill in the bottom of the bag! God is ALWAYS doing things like that for me! I was reminded with a smile and a tear that God is saying, "come on, you can do it...just trust Me...go on...just fly...have faith in Me!"

2 comments:

roamingwriter said...

I'm having one of those kind of moments too. We are really worried about transporting our dog to Spain, silly I know, but there it is. I felt really stretched today with the word trust, and can I trust this particular aspect of our trip and all the details. God doesn't leave us in one place, but keeps us growing.

GoldenSunrise said...

Hope you had a nice trip. I am sure you will let us know the details.