When you were a kid, do you remember being told "eat your vegetables" and "don't play with your food"?
I took the boys grocery shopping last night, only to discover them "playing with vegetables". N grabbed a cucumber and J had a tomato. They were talking "Bob and Larry"!! =D
They were repeating the scenario from Veggie Tales...."and remember, God made you SPECIAL"! Of course, the song had to be declared to all who could hear..."veggie tales, veggie tales.....gotta be, veggie tales"!
When I told them to put them back, my oldest, being a literalist (like his father), responded with "But Mom, you said we need vegetables every day"...to which I said, "yes, you need to EAT vegetables every day, not play with them".
Seriously, I am glad they have learned the lessons of value with a fun way to view vegetables. God bless the Big Idea production company and their "Veggie Tales".
Now, if I can just get N to actually EAT his veggies....LOL!
6 comments:
Now I have an idea of what to buy my niece for her birthday! Maybe I could even glue little eyes on them! That was a good one!
veggietales are cool. can't say that my kids have played with veggies cuz of it, but they do eat them and don't seem to disturbed that they might be distant relatives to bob and larry!
I enjoy VeggieTales, but I have often wondered if any kids have the concerns that T describes. Does anyone see Bob or Larry in his or her salad?
My boys wanted me to buy the cucumber (which I hate) and the tomato (which I can't eat because of the acid)...so I guess they don't have any weirdness there. But then again, my boys wanted me to buy spinach for them to be strong like Popeye. However, the watched the old B&W cartoon...and wouldn't eat the GREEN spinach I served them...LOL!
My brother demanded a can of spinach at a ripe young popeye watching age. My mom took pictures of the look on his face after he tipped the can back like popeye. It was funny. A story he doesn't always appreciate today!
I hate vegetables and as a result I never took an interest in learning about them. I recently found out that pickles were made from soaking cucumbers in brine. I may have learned that early in life but forgot it. Mr. Sunrise got a laugh out of my learning moment.
Post a Comment