Thursday, August 18, 2005

Conspiracy, Cynicism, and CT Scans

After another CT scan today and the threat of surgery looming before me, I am cynical enough to buy into conspiracy theories!

I was having a conversation with T regarding gas prices and world events, and conspiracy theories were brought up. She mentioned that she is pretty cynical when it comes to things like that. I have found myself becoming more cynical in my "older age"...LOL! After telling her about my CT scan today and the additional doctors still pushing for surgery, I was thinking, maybe I am being the victim of conspiracy??

Actually, I don't really think I am, but I found it very interesting that I have left the hospital, been at home for two weeks, when the doctors decide to throw "cancer" out there at me. The 5% chance for this is now the reason they wish to schedule me for surgery. I was told by a couple of docs that I am too young to have a body that is in this poor state of health. I keep telling everyone it is STRESS! But let's see, if my own daily stress as a single mother wasn't enough, let's add on the fact the doctors keep coming up with something new that is wrong with me! LOL! (see, I got my cynicism from T...j/k)

Still I wonder what good the CT scans really do, besides increase my medical bills, when you have doctors from 4 different departments with different interpretations. How do I know which one is more accurate. Not sure I have much choice either. Of course, one doctor only smiled with raised eyebrows when I told him that I agreed that their diagnosis was probably right! =D Yes, T got a kick out of that one too!

6 comments:

T said...

Yes, and that was the doctor we liked!

shakedust said...

it's not parania if everyone is out to get you.

Jadee said...

Dust, I didn't say anything about paranoia...lol! I just figured the doctors still wanted to do surgery on me...so they are in cahoots together to convince me they NEED to cut me open!

BTW, the CT scan looks great re: my kidney infection, the doc said!

GoldenSunrise said...

Maybe the doctors all have different interpretations in order to cover the hospital's butt so you can't sue them. I think they do conspire.

shakedust said...

Golden, shouldn't Sunset be the one talking about butts?

JD, you don't develop a conspiracy theory without paranoia. :)

Jadee said...

Oh, Give me a break...just say its the Percacet causing the suspicion of conspiracy!! LOL! You need to ask T about how the drugs affect me, especially morphine! She has a GREAT story for you! =D