Monday, January 09, 2006

You've Got to be Kidding!

Since I have been sick and going to bed early at night...I do find myself waking up in the middle of the night. Go figure!

I can't believe some of the commercials there are at night, not to mention the infomercials...lol! Here are my top three:

3. Personals Ads commercials via phone line memberships. Testimonials include, "When I talked to Scott, I knew he was someone I could really see myself with". OMG! Trust me on this, even with online memberships and a pic posted....can you really determine if they are someone you can date?

2. Diet Pill commercials claim "unlike any other diet pill you have tried....guaranteed to work for you....a month's supply free when you order now and try our 30 day money back guarantee." Simply, order one month in the next 3 minutes and receive a second bottle free. Try it for 30 days. Can we say SCAM?

1. Specialty Product Introduction: DoggySteps. Helps your little dog climb up to high places---shows pics of steps assisting dog up to the couch and the bed. First, does someone really need "doggy steps"? And, WHY would you want them jumping up on the couch or bed? Second, even if they do, do they need to "order now in the next 8 minutes to receive an 2nd set free"? I guess that is so you can assist the dog to the couch AND the bed!!!

2 comments:

shakedust said...

Believe it or not, I am no stranger to late night TV. It is amazing how the commercials are almost stereotypical after midnight.

Two others that I have noticed are the commercials for low-end degree programs and commercials for debt-assistance programs. I guess the logic is that if you are watching TV at 2 AM you probably don't have a 9 to 5 job.

Jadee said...

Yes, I will agree with that theory. Also, the fact that if you are up that late...you might only be wanting a phone conversation instead of a real date...if you get my drift!

Same with daytime TV...there are a TON of Lawfirm ads for Personal Injury cases....and how "you are owed money"...so come and get your share! LOL! (obviously, they know you aren't working because of some reason)