I had to stop by Walgreens tonight to pick up some cold & sinus medicine. With the unusually warm weather spurts we keep having...my sinuses thinks its March already. Now I have only had to buy some once this season so far...
I learned that you have to ask the Pharmacist BEHIND the counter for the "over-the-counter" medicine! Since I live in a prime crystal meth lab location, with farm area in Missouri and Illinois, they have been reduced to stocking "cards" with a logo of the medicine you are wishing to purchase. Fortunately, I can believe that to be reasonable. Makes it harder for someone to "stockpile" meds.
HOWEVER, when they asked for my drivers license, and copy all my info into a Log, I was a little concerned. How do I know what they are regulating? Do I only get to purchase cold medicine 3 times this season? Or is it 3 times in one month? I do have 3 members in my family...what if we all get sick? I wanted to ask, but then I was afraid that might raise suspicion on me....so I didn't.
I remember when we had to do that with ink cartridges at OfficeMax. Hang cards on the pegs and the cartridges were behind the counter with me. What's next, bring a picture of a cow to get milk?? Or better yet, turn in a bumper sticker from the ad campaign "Got Milk?"
Anyway, I did get my medicine this time...so I guess I still have a chance to get well! =D
7 comments:
Do you have a picture of a cow just in case? I probably have an extra one lying around somewhere!
Yupper doodle!
yeah...better check along the dirt-road....LMAO!
If you stop posting for a while we will just assume that your meth lab has been raided by the authorities. :)
Gee thanks, Dust! More peer pressure...LOL! BTW, it was Dash's resolution to post for SEVEN days straight...not mine!
Besides, you don't really want to hear about my loads of laundry and children's squabbles, do you? You will have plenty of your own stories soon enough!! =D
I am glad that there is one type of Sudafed that I can still buy over the counter without asking for it. Apparently it doesn't have the ingredient that meth labs need.
I did try that the other day and it didn't work for me. I talked to the pharmacist...and he said with my sinus problems description that I did need the pseudophedrine. :(
Post a Comment