For my youngest son's birthday, he chose to ask a friend to go to the movies with us vs. having a party. Mind you, this is the $2 theater....and his older brother kept telling him he would "get lots more presents" if you have a party...lol! As the mom, I was very happy with his choice! (ref blog "Sit down and blog" - Nov 20)
So here we are...early so we can "beat the crowd" of all the other families in St. Charles to come to the little tiny $2 theater. After finding seats..."I need to use the restroom" came from our guest". Okay, stay together and I will order our popcorn. A's mom told me she would send money for nachos for him because of his diabetes. Well, he was our guest, so I got him nachos....then J wanted nachos too. That left N and me with popcorn. Usually they have a "family deal" of $10...Large popcorn and 2 Large drinks...all refillable. Great choice = Great price. Hmmmm....someone changed my contact prescription....or did they change the price? $12.50??? What is the the Wehrenberg Theater??? N and I didn't need that much popcorn and soda. So I got the three boys waters, myself a small pepsi $2.25, 2 nachos @ $3.45 each, and a large refillable popcorn $5.oo (just in case my boys got really hungry not having dinner beforehand).
Next step: To successfully navigate through running children that are jumping up and down in excitement (and that is just my three in tow)! One kid behind the counter was kind enough to volunteer some help for me...not himself, of course..lol, but another kid that was in the corner "holding up the wall"...LOL!
Whew! WE MADE IT! Sit still, here is your food, and your water, and some napkins. Still 8 more mins until the show.
(To be continued) =D
2 comments:
Sounds like a fun adventure! Glad I wasn't the one taking it! LOL!
It's hard to imagine that theaters can charge what they do for food and drinks. I think they figure they can get anything out of guys trying to impress girls on a date, and everyone else has to pony up as well.
Post a Comment