Monday, January 16, 2006

Chicken Little (part 2)

Jadee's review: Two Thumbs Up!

I thoroughly enjoyed this movie, even for an animated film. Yes, I am getting into them more since I have children....lol!

I loved the pop culture references, but I also loved how direct and true to the point some of them were. (Sorry, in case you haven't seen the movie, I don't mean to ruin it for you) For example:

1. In the Gym/PE class scene - The teacher called it right for playing dodgeball, "Popular kids on one side; Unpopular kids on the other sided". How true that is, yet we always tend to ignore it for our own children, but WE remember how it was for us...let's just be honest.

2. In the public scene with father and Chicken Little - The father dissed his own son to save public face, however, he still faced public disgrace because of that initial incident. Why can't we back our children and stand up for them, even in public and then determine if they were right or wrong later at home? WE remember what it was like when our parents didn't support us. I really hated that as a kid.

3. In the end scene with the "aliens" - Once it was determined that Chicken Little WAS TELLING THE TRUTH...not one of the townspeople offered an apology. They were glad he helped save the town, but kind of forgot one important thing....after public humiliation, he should have received public apology. His father did come around and support his son...and I was very glad to see that!!

So my take on the movie was...its a little more real to life than we may wish to think, when we are sitting and laughing! BTW, the music was GREAT! Lots of clips of old songs...just made the movie for me! =D

4 comments:

T said...

Sounds like you had a good time...but if 4 of you saw it and liked it, wouldn't that be 4 thumbs up? Or 8, if you each liked it enough to give it 2 thumbs up? Just a thought!

Jadee said...

ok...missy! it does say "jadee's review"...so technically it is correct....I only have two thumbs! But maybe you have THREE THUMBS? j/k

Yes, we all liked the movie...but I didn't find out if they think its one or two thumbs up...LOL!

GoldenSunrise said...

I will probably see the movie also. I might wait until it comes out on DVD.

shakedust said...

I haven't seen the movie yet, but it sounds pretty honest. I think I would have liked that in an animated movie when I was a kid.