Current mood: thoughtful
Category: Life
Yesterday I attended a seminar that was sponsored by my company for all the Administrative Professionals. We get together once a quarter to network. Its a great opportunity catch up with other admin friends and even "officially" meet admins that we work with via email!
Our speaker yesterday was...let's just say "indescribable". Some very good ideas and reminders and some in-your-face moments. Overall, Dr. Kim was right to the point as she was here to encourage and inspire us. (you can visit her website at www.drkimspeaks.com)
For me, so much of what she had to say was repetitive of things I learned in personal therapy. Having lots of thoughts about LIFE and FAMILY already turmoiling in my head, this speaker brought to the surface so many things I wish I could share openly. I have decided to write a chapter from my heart. Maybe I will get to share this with my siblings, then again, maybe not. Only God knows if their hearts are prepared for dealing with harsh reality, and accepting of healing of relationships.
Here are a few things that she said that stayed with me, I will share with you:
1. We teach people how to treat us by what we will accept from them.
2. If there is something wrong and you don't speak up, then you lose your right to complain.
I am sure I will have more to "speak out" about later on.
1 comment:
sounds like an interesting seminar. I'm glad you got a lot out of it.
Post a Comment