Tuesday, March 27, 2007

My Quandry: Part One

Lately I have been undergoing some personal growth...along a different path than I have ever travelled before. This is good in the fact that, I am not repeating a step at the moment!

My heart has been called to a passion of PRAYER. Something that was being developed in my life back in college days. There was never a week that went by that someone didn't seek me out for a heart-to-heart that always ended in prayer together. On many occasions, this left me scratching my homework schedule and STILL staying up till 2 am!

I remember one time that my mother called (from across town) wondering why I answered at 10pm. ("...well, stop calling me then...") [I know...couldn't resist another Pretty Woman quote!] She asked why I was just getting back to my room (besides the fact that our library didn't close until 11pm), I remember telling her that if people needed me...then that was more important than a grade on a test, because its what was going to last forever.

I never realized until taking a Spiritual Gifts class at my church, that I truly had the passion of Intercessory Prayer as a Spiritual Gift. I thought my interest in prayer was because of the power it had in my personal life.

I began my prayer partnership with T, back when I was struggling and fighting for my marriage. We prayed every day on our own and sometimes together 2-3 times per week. We SAW prayer CHANGE things in our daily lives! Prayer changed ME! Prayer even changed my husband. We were even headed on a better path as a married couple. Ultimately, God still gives each of us a choice, and my husband CHOSE the path of his own life. To this day, we still set aside a night to pray together. There is STRENGTH in numbers! Matthew 18:20 says, "For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them." (NIV) And we pray IN Jesus' Name. There is power in praying scripture, which is God's Word.

This has been the cornerstone in my life. It has been the act of servanthood in prayer that has helped to keep me strong. Prayer is my communication with God. Communication with God is the basis of my relationship with Him. My relationship with Him includes EVERY part of my life...when I am on the right path, or even when I have CHOSEN a detour. I always find my way back using GPS: God's Personal Signals!

2 comments:

T said...

It's exciting when we reach a new step in growth. Like you said there are many times we are repeating things that we learned along the way.

T said...

Our prayer time has been a life preserver for me when the seas are a little choppy. Thanks so much for sharing those moments and that passion for prayer with me!