Friday, April 27, 2007

Friday Night Lights

Current mood: lonely

It's Friday! TGIF! Working for the Weekend! Whatever your catch phrase is.

There are Friday night lights at the football stadium. There are Friday night lights on the highway driving on a road trip. There are Friday night lights at a hip dance club. There are Friday night lights at the local grocery store.

Which Friday night lights, do you think I am seeing tonight?

Of course! The grocery store!!!! What kind of people go the GROCERY STORE on a Friday night????

Those of us without a date... Or without our kids... Or without family...

I remember as a kid that our family would go out to dinner for fish at Skipper's Restaraunt, then go to Price Saver's and Costco to grocery shop in bulk. It was quite the family bonding event. We could easily spend hours as my father and brother would scout out all the free samples! LOL

Then when I was married, we would go get groceries together as our little "date night"...then come home and put in a bag of hot wings and curl up to a movie...until I was too pregnant to eat hot wings!

So yes, I am the kind of person that ends up at the grocery store on a Friday night. How sad and pathetic...lol!

2 comments:

shakedust said...

Grocery shopping on a Friday night can be exciting. It isn't the same as other Friday activities. That is true.

I've found the things that I do for excitement with kids is significantly different than after kids. I'll have a life again when I'm fifty.

T said...

well...as I pointed out on a different place! :) I usually am at the store on Friday and it's often alone. I guess I'm a Friday night "loser" too! :)