Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Just another Manic Monday

Actually, it wasn't so bad being back at work on Monday....but it was a long day! =)

Here are my observances with peculiar (but aren't we all peculiar to someone??) people in my office.....

1. Nosy advisors snooping through my boss's INBox, like it was theirs....
2. Nosy advisors reading over my shoulder at MY desk, as if I had asked for their input....
3. Nosy advisors that will pick up something off my desk, that I have specifically turned over so that no one can read it...
4. Nosy-but-trying-to-be-helpful advisors pulling items from the trash can "because they saw me working on it and thought I might need it"....
5. Helpless advisors that can't seem to figure out how to add paper to the copier or the fax machine.....

BUT NO ONE can water my flower plant that is on the counter that EVERYONE must walk by when they come into the office, when I am out sick for a week!!!

4 comments:

T said...

so is the plant dead? I would be afraid to touch it, for I kill everything green that I see! I would not be thrilled with nosy advisors. At DeVry I had aprox. 100 professors at least 30 or 40 in the office at one time. They would refuse to put paper in the copier. One professor (a really big guy) would stand by my desk until I got up and loaded the paper for him. The paper was right by the copier, in the copier room. He just felt that as a professor it was above him to pick it up and put it in the copier, so he would stand and wait for me to get off the phone, help the students at my desk and then get up to put paper in it for him. He aslo frequently got mad thinking he should come before the phone calls and students.

shakedust said...

On T's example, it's amazing how people can go through life thinking that the world revolves around them.

On Jadee's example: "I thought it was plastic."

Jadee said...

That's the funny thing...HOW in the world did they get paper in the copier while I was out sick...but suddenly are HELPLESS the day I return???

GoldenSunrise said...

Can we say narcissistic? (Thinking about Tazwithgrace's post.)

I would go absolutely crazy if I were you.