Saturday, November 12, 2005

The Power of Observation

My observations for the day:

1. Driving to my doctor's appointment, I had to wait on 6 geese crossing the drive way. The power of six can stop traffic!

2. While shopping at the grocery store, I had to wait in line behind 16 suit-wearing professionals also scanning their own lunches. The power of hunger pains can send all levels of management to the store!

3. On my way home, I got boxed in by traffic that slowed to 40 mph at the same moment. Then I saw two squad cars with their "culprits" on the side of the road. The power of consequence can cause even those of us on cruise to nearly come to a halt!

5 comments:

shakedust said...

The moral of the story:

The St Louis Police Department would be wise to outsource traffic enforcement to geese. They slow down traffic more effectively, and they will work for bridfeed.

Jadee said...

TRUE! That's a good observation! LOL!

T said...

I have to say, regardless of how hungry he gets, you'll never find dash at the store on his lunch break! Of course the in house cafeteria sees him almost everyday!

roamingwriter said...

Funny observations. The cops don't stop you over here, they just take a picture and mail you a ticket. So you could rack up several before you know it. And you don't know to slow down!

Jadee said...

That is happening over here now too! In Fenton, one of the suburbs of St. Louis, they just put in the cams at the intersections...and they will mail you a ticket.

Also, in IL, they are doing that in construction zones too!

No way to "sweet talk" your way out of a ticket! Course, that NEVER worked for me anyway...I am way too honest! And I have had more than my share of speeding tickets....oops....TMI!!!