Monday, November 07, 2005

My Weekend

For the first time in a very long time, I actually feel like I had a "weekend"! Usually, there is so many things to get finished like housework, kids' homework, bills, errands, obligations that the weekend flies by and I am tired/exhausted by Monday morning.

I have to say, my new philosophy on life of taking things at a slower pace is really paying off for me. Yes, I did housework and bills, but I didn't stress myself out on obligations. Instead, I actually got out and had fun! Sometimes there are still expectations when I go out...like I have to make sure everyone is having a good time (being the social being that I am....lol) or making sure that everyone is being taken care of (being the responsible person). This weekend was different. I went out and had fun. I enjoyed my company. I got to be myself. I uncovered a deeper level of myself. Sometimes that is very scary too, because it leaves me feeling extremely vulnerable. Which is something I learned a long time ago to keep control over, but God has a way of chipping away at that stubbornness! I guess its still a part of my growth process. It was neat to share the positives of my week/weekend with my small group. We finished up the book of James, which is so packed with alot of life applications that I need to go back and reread it on my own.

I am constantly reminded of Jeremiah 29:11, "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (NIV) Ultimately then, even when feeling vulnerable, God will walk beside me and give me strength. Therefore, I must relinquish control over all areas of my life to Him, if I want to receive the hope and a future He has planned for me. And that my friend, is a daily struggle!

2 comments:

T said...

Wow,lot of insight there!

GoldenSunrise said...

Glad you have learned how to take it easy!