Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Flyin' High

I took a short business trip to MN over the last two days....and I actually came back relaxed!

I realized that flying truly gets me away from the stresses of daily life. I enjoy my "pamper me" nights at home and curling up with a book, but there is just something about really "getting away" from it all and reading my book on the plane. I love the solitude. I get to escape into my thoughts that usually turn to prayer. When I finally land, I am still "flying high" in my spirit.

As I mentioned in Speed Bumps, my life is at a growth point. I sense the winds of change and have absolutely no clue what God may have in store for my life. One thing I do know is that the desires in my heart are there because HE PUT THEM THERE. It is my job to trust that He will fulfill my heart and guide me on the path. I have a peace and an excitement in my soul and look forward to what He brings.

My business trip was also successful and I am looking forward to putting in some changes in my job as well. Again, some of my frustrations point to personal growth. As I stretch and grow...I must make the adjustments in every area of my life, including my career. I am coming closer the the pendulum swinging into balance from "doormat" to "Capital B"...LOL! Being firm, yet graceful is what I am striving for!

3 comments:

T said...

firm, yet graceful. I like that. I may actually steal that from you! When I think of my "quiet friends" and how I try to be like them in some ways....this is exactly what I'm talking about!

firm yet graceful. You'll have to help me remember this!

T said...

fyi...I tried to link to golden from here and she is not goldensunrise.blogspot.com but goldsunrise.blogspot.com So you have a link to someone else. Just wanted to give you the heads up.

GoldenSunrise said...

Thanks for giving Jadee the heads up, T.

I struggle with being a doormat also. That is why it is important to choose your friends wisely.