Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Makin' Memories

It was rainy all day and the clock dragged by today. I missed my boys last night while they were away at their dad's house. I really couldn't wait to pick them up. I told someone at work that all I wanted to do was get my kids, grab the pillows and blankets, and curl up on the couch together and watch a movie.

Well, being so rainy and dreary outside the boys were all in favor of tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. Needless to say, that's an easy meal after all day at work! :-) I had also promised them we would make S'mores Indoors this week, since I bought the ingredients over the weekend.

So we did.

We had our dinner then gathered around the unique invention of "s'mores indoors" over a light bulb...lol! My youngest turned out all the lights so the yellow glow would make it seem like we were camping, he said. My oldest actually wanted me to plug it in the outlet on my balcony to make it like "real camping" outdoors. (Hmmm...maybe camping in Auntie T's backyard made more of an impression than I thought! Maybe they don't realize that "real camping" is going out in the wild of the woods...LOL!)

We curled up on the couch together. Of course, we had the falling off mom's lap because they are just getting too big anymore. We didn't quite get to a movie....because my boys LOVE watching Fear Factor. I don't really handle it too well, but since Stephen Baldwin was one of the celebrity players, we did. It is soooo funny to watch them laugh and say "oh, gross!"

It was fun to have a quiet night with my boys. I enjoy my break away from being mom, but I sure do miss them and can't wait for them to be back home! Ahh...the memories! ;-)

(BTW, T, I did see I missed your call and IM....sorry, it wasn't personal!)

3 comments:

T said...

Hey there. Sounds like you had a great night. I was just calling to talk to you regarding something I found on the internet last night that I thought you would maybe interested in. We'll catch up later. No biggy.

We can do smores from our back yard now thanks to roamingwind!

Jadee said...

Hmmm....I like that one too! RoamingWind. You are so clever, T!

GoldenSunrise said...

Dust and I like tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwhiches also. It is a good cheap meal.

I am not much of a smores fun. It would be too sticky for Dust to eat.