Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Weird Words

For all you english-and-intelligent-sounding-word gurus....here is one for you to decipher!

Today's word: Cruciverbalist

Date first appeared?

Definition?

Be honest...and don't google the answers....LOL! I will post "the rest of the story" tomorrow!

3 comments:

shakedust said...

Well, I'll take a stab at it. "Cruci" probably comes from crucible, which is a container used to melt materials at high temperatures (to create something new, I presume). Verbalist is someone who uses words. I have two guesses then.

1. A heated speaker
2. Someone who creates new words

How close am I?

GoldenSunrise said...

seeing Dust's answer I think he is probably right. I couldn't have put it better. I probably would say a heated speaker also.

Jadee said...

I was surprised at this word as well. And unfortunately, I took the fax with the answer home last night....sorry, guys! I will post when I get home tonight. =D

Now you can google the answer! LOL!