In keeping with the "hair" theme this week....here is my contribution. After passing the 30 mark a few years ago, I am coloring my "gray" which looks more like silver-white. Just last night, I underwent the process of becoming my natural brunette. (And no, T, it's not burgundy red this time...lol!) So, when I read this comical story, I HAD to post it!
The Gray Hair
When I discovered my first gray hair I immediately wrote to my parents:
"Dear Dad and Mom. You saw my first steps. You might want to experience this with me too."
I taped the offending hair to the paper and mailed it.
My father's response was in the form of a poem:
"It's a trustworthy observation that nothing can compare, In the process of aging with finding the first gray hair."
He signed off with this observation: "Believe me, that gray hair you sent is not the first one you gave us!"
Here's to Hair Color! (It will be different in six months, trust me!)
3 comments:
Mrs Dust noticed a white hair on the side of my head yesterday. I think I may have been more alarmed except that I have had stray white hairs since I was ten.
Maybe I should go for burgundy red in a few years once the stragler hairs become more dominant.
Not that Dust would be able to tell if his hair was burgundy red! : )
Dust didn't tell you that I plucked that white hair this morning with tweezers. It was stubborn-it did not want to come out.
Ahhh Salt and Peppered Dust! HUM....See, I think gray/white hair on a man is distinguished looking. I like it.
I don't know if Dash's hair will stick around long enough for him to go gray/white. My mom is now well into her 50's and just starting to turn gray. But it's that mousey gray and very wirery. I have a feeling that this will happen to me too.
I was hoping for the flowing white hair that some women are blessed with. But I think I would have to get that from God himself because it doesn't run in our gene pool. I guess I'll go from mouse brown to mouse gray. I hope dash likes mice! I guess he doesn't mind it too much, he's told me he doesn't want me to color my hair (I think he's afraid that I'd blend in with our walls too much if I went burgandy!)
Post a Comment