I was putting the darks in the washing machine just now....and I had to check each pocket of my boys' jean shorts. It is very interesting the little "treasures" that I find in their pockets! The old saying goes, "Boys will be boys" certainly applies here. LOL! Anything from rocks, bottle caps, little sticks, and of course any type of change! Good thing they don't like bugs!!!!
I was just thinking, though, what a treasure my boys really are to me. Sometimes it's frustrating when they drag their feet and don't clean their room....but honestly, I have such a treasure in being a mom. I would so rather raise my children in a healthy single-parent home than unhealthy two-parent home. I am thankful that God has blessed me and given me strength to raise two adventurous little boys who love to find little treasures.
And you know what else....I found my own treasure in doing laundry!
2 comments:
I was washing Dust's jeans yesterday and was going through the pockets also. I usually find kleenexes but yesterday I found a cell phone. Dust said oh, that's where I put it! It is a good thing that cell phones are heavy because otherwise it would have been washed! Sometimes I forget to check the pockets.
I never check pockets! Everyone in the family know that they get in trouble if paper goes through the wash...anything else is mine if it ends up in the washer! I hope Mr. T never leaves his cell phone in his pocket...that would be an expensive treasure to wash.
Post a Comment