Friday, April 29, 2005

Heard of Herds?

I know we joke about girls going to the restroom in herds...

Today, I noticed that smokers go for a cigarette break in herds also...Even in the RAIN! I started laughing as I passed them after lunch.

I got to wondering how many other things do we humans do in herds?

Well, for all those in the OPK circle, know that people "blog" together. (and might even jump off a bridge?)

In grocery stores, people will wait for someone else to go taste a "free sample" first, suddenly there is a group sampling together.

I know some people even ask everyone else if they are attending a party before they decide to go.

What's up with this? Aren't we taught to not follow the crowd? Oh well, I try to be different but sometimes the majority does rule! (at least, the blogging idea was COOL!)

3 comments:

windarkwingod said...

Coffee shops are herding areas, as are bars too. Ever wonder why people endure crowds in order to be around other people that they may not know?

T said...

Dinner. How often do you see a person dining a lone? Walking. Most people walk with someone else. Shopping. Don't see a lot of people at stores by themselves. (unless they're a mom!) Camping. Concerts. Ballgames. Before writing this, I was thinking I'm not a part of a herd most times. I will eat a meal by myself, go to the bathroom, even shop alone! However, most things I choose to do, I like to do with others. It just seems to be more enjoyable.

shakedust said...

While Mrs Dust likes spying on neighbors in their yards, we both enjoy watching heards of people interact. It's simple to do. Go somewhere where there are a lot of people, like a mall food court or a bench in a movie theater lobby, and observe (just don't stare).