Last week in church I heard Kelly Clarkson's song Breakaway. Sitting there, I really got to listen more closely to the words. "....Take a risk, Take a chance, Breakaway..". The words go on to talk about spreading our wings to fly, but not forgetting those we love. I was encouraged to continue to live my life and go through the growth spurts that are required in our walk with Christ. I am glad I have those that love me while I am growing. Even when I have tough moments that I want to react with old behaviors, but then I am quietly reminded that He is my Strength. And I do take a risk, and make a change, and try a new approach. Sometimes its a positive result and sometimes I don't see the positive result yet. But I know in my heart that I am "breaking away, doing what it takes, and keep on moving on".
If you would like to read the lyrics, here is a link: http://www.kellyclarkson.ca/index.php?action=music&subarea=72&lyrics=79
2 comments:
I am surprised that you heard Kelly Clarkson's song at church. Isn't it taboo to play "secular" music at church?
LOL! ummmm...not at my church...
We realize that learning how to live the Christian life sometimes is provoked by thoughts/ideas. You can learn about God and the way He works in our life without having the name "God" in a song.
BTW, I noticed you have Eminescence on your favorite artists list...we had a gal sing "Wake Me Up" the other week! The band and lighting was AWESOME!
Post a Comment