I took my oldest son to his first Golf class tonight. He kept saying how much fun it was...so I guess you know what that means! Start praying for his future wife...LOL!
But it was very windy out today and this driving range is located on the Missouri Bottom Road...which of course, sits right next to the river! As I was watching these 7-year-olds hit these little white golf balls...I started thinking. (I know that is a scary thing because then it turns into some philosophical thought) Anyway, I couldn't figure out if life was like being the golf ball and as different things hit us in our world, we may jump a little ways out there, or really go far. Then it seemed like we might be the golfer...keep on trying...sometimes we hit the goal right on and sometimes we have to try again.
I think my life is a little of both. Before the golf class, I was the golf ball...got struck a few times. Not good! Then after the golf class, I was the golfer...I tried to hit the goal right on. This is a tough "golf lesson" to learn when we deal with other human beings that have their own choices and desire for control.
As my son whispered to me and said, "Mom, you're embarrassing me", when I told him he was doing a good job...I think my Heavenly Father would say, "Jadee, you are doing a good job". And you know, I wouldn't be embarrassed.
3 comments:
Wonderful illustration! That would be a good devotional story.
I took a golf class in college. It was refreshing to leave campus and to relieve some stress on some golf balls. I could never get my ball to go very far though.
Yeah...I took Golf in college too! Did you have Coach J? My friend and I, both Freshmen, needed a ride, so we were the lucky ones to help carry the equipment! LOL! Oh well, we were the only girls and got to hang out with the "cool" Junior/Senior guys!! 8-)
I didn't have coach J. My teacher was coach Estay. I am not sure now what he did coach. I was a Junior when I took golf and brought 2 girls with me in my car. The Business dept. was encouraging everyone to take golf because it might come in handy some day.
Post a Comment