Monday, April 25, 2005

The Gift of Friendship

I continue to be amazed at the friends that God brings into our lives. Some we have known for all our lives; some since college; some new friends we make as married couples, etc. But when Christ is a common bond of those friendships...they truly are PRICELESS!

Sometimes our friends help us grow. Sometimes we encourage them. Sometimes we need a break. Sometimes we can hang out two weekends in a row. Sometimes our friends should get to say "I told you so". Sometimes they say "You can do it". Sometimes they are just there for us. Sometimes they need us.

I love the special friendships that God has given me because they have seen me at my worst, but they still love me! Isn't that what it is like with God? He loves us even at our worst. He says, "YOU are special".

I am thankful for those that I have known since college and it has been a lot of fun to look back and laugh at our "first memories"!! =D Most of all, I am thankful for our continued memories and that we get to share them with our children. I pray my boys will be blessed with the life-long friends as He has blessed me.

2 comments:

T said...

I want my kids to grow up and have good long standing friends as well. Especially since they don't have family that they get to spend much time with. I agree reading first impressions is cool and I hope to read some about me soon!

GoldenSunrise said...

Finding a true friend is a treasure! Friendship is something that you should give the utmost care to. I always wanted a friend that I could say that I have had for years and years. My friendship with my husband will be going on 8 years this November. We have been married for almost 5 of those years come August.