Current mood: nostalgic
Category: Friends
Since Gabby already used the blog title of "Friends"...I needed to find a more creative title...but at this hour it escapes me!
It was great to see such dear friends from college that I haven't seen in so long! We spent a wonderful evening laughing and reminiscing! Funny, how we had such impressions of each other that couldn't be further than reality. Why is it that if one wore glasses, they were perceived as "smart"?! (I admit to being the "coulotte queen" LMAO!)
However, it was an emotional weekend for me since my family used to live in Springfield and that is another story for another day. I have found that each trip back to my past and memories in Springfield, that God is doing some healing in my heart. It is difficult to explain, but my closest friends will understand.
Overall, it was a fabulous weekend! I was able to have dinner with a very close friend and pleased to meet her new boyfriend. It was refreshing to have the conversation and fellowship that I have been missing all summer. I had some heart-to-heart time with another close soul. And despite some unfortunate miscommunication with a dear friend, I enjoyed seeing everyone. It was a great reminder that I have some wonderful people in my life, no matter if they live long distance and/or I don't see them for a length of time.
So here is to my FRIENDS...far and near! You will always be loved and dear to my heart!
~Little Friend (my nickname in school...thanks to my AECS friends!)
3 comments:
Glad the "view from your life" has improved! :) SUPER GLAD you had a great weekend!
Dust's sister went to Evangel's homecoming festivities. You may have seen her. What do you think about the clock tower? Was that really necessary to build?
Glad you had a good reunion with old friends.
I really like the clocktower, personally. But I am now coming from a perspective that I appreciate and enjoy beautiful architecture such as the campus I work on daily at Monsanto.
I figure that if we have everything else new and "university-style", then the clocktower fits in. (and I happen to live on Clocktower Square...lol)
I didn't realize this was a point of controversy...but those of us from "the 90s" had our own "issues" of discussion on what the school was doing with our "save for the future" funds! :)
We were even talking this weekend about when a friend of mine had campaigned to get legislation passed in the (back then it was AECS) Senate to improve and maintain our grass on campus. It was nice to see it looking well-manicured. It's great to see that we did make a difference while we there too.
I worked hard to help break the cycle of the "north end-south end" rivalry/discrimination. And now it seems that Walther and Spence have more of the "involved" students. What a change from when Lewis was the hub of social activity! But some of my closest friends were from Walther/Scott and those are the ones I hung out with this past weekend. :)
Post a Comment