Sunday, August 12, 2007

SUMMERTIME: Great Friends and Sweet Tea!

For the last several years, it has become a tradition for us to spend the weekend before school starts with T, Dash, N and C-man. So as this summer has wound down (seems like it had barely begun) we took a road trip to Indiana to spend some wonderful, fun, and relaxing time with them.

Despite the heat, we made a wonderful dinner Friday night and I think the kids were filled enough to last until morning. During the rest of the weekend, we kept them filled with the traditional summertime treats of fresh watermelon and cantaloupe, as well as freezer pops and lemonade.

As we were pulling onto the country highway, N noticed an A&W sign, so I just HAD to stop and get a gallon of fountain rootbeer! (we don't have A&W in the St. Louis area) Besides a yummy afternoon rootbeer float, the best was sitting and chatting with my best friend over glasses of iced tea...there is nothing SWEETER! :)

Love you all! Look forward to doing it again next year!

3 comments:

T said...

I've been waiting for your blog--since I got your comment! :)

I'm so glad you all had a good time, we really enjoyed the company! I can't believe summer is coming to an end and school is starting in just a couple days.

shakedust said...

Sounds good! We have an A&W less than a mile from our house, but we don't visit it too much. We would probably visit more if it were further away.

GoldenSunrise said...

There's nothing better than iced tea with friends! Glad you were able to make the trip.