It's 8:00pm. Normal bedtime routine with the boys of pjs and brushing teeth.
The doorbell rang. Who could that be? We don't have anyone that comes over to see us. And, heaven help me, I am in sweats and glasses...lol!
Strangely enough, two ladies, Mary and Maryanne holding a gift bag with gold embossed letters "St. Charles River Church". Hmmm....
I am surprised, yet very pleased to have had "welcome visitors" from the "A/G" church! :)
OH YEAH, and in my gift bag, there was a travel cup that can be hot/cold, a packet of cider, a granola bar, and some loose wrapped candies.
I know that we don't visit churches in hopes to receive a gift, but I will say the visit was definitely speaking my love language. And in a strange divine way, prayers are being answered for me in my search for a home church. The cool part is they are both A/G and Willow Creek associated...truly the best of both worlds for me! Contemporary worship with Childhood values.
3 comments:
That is so awesome! I am so glad that God is answering your prayers. It's also very awesome that you and the boys already have someone you already know with their former teacher being on staff! Sounds like a very friendly church too. I will continue to pray that God will lead you through this, I know changing churches is a difficult thing to do.
Hopefully you'll find the right place. This one sounds pretty good. It always takes awhile to fit in. We were about to REALLY know a few people at our last church when it was time to leave (school was over and it was time to move). Hopefully our first visit to our next church goes as well as this one did for you.
I think it's great that some ladies from the church came to visit you. "Welcoming" new visitors is a very important ministry.
Post a Comment