Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Just holding it together...

It's been a very tough year...and tonight was one of the roughest yet. I love my best friend T...who calls and prays for me even when I am emotionally spent and physically exhausted.

As the evening went on...I was struggling to get even a breath that wasn't laboring. When I finally kissed the boys goodnight...and decided I was not even in the mood to watch mindless TV...I turned to read through my "emails". As much as I love my friend L...when she cleans out her emailbox...it fills up mine as she forwards many inspirational and humorous emails. Perfect for a night like tonight where I needed to mentally escape.

Wouldn't you know that God uses that method to speak to me? The third email I opened told a story of a preacher and his unique example of showing just "How GREAT our God really is!" Of course, my first instinct is to check out the validity on google/snopes...and I was amazed at my findings. I'm still in awe.

So as I sat here trying to catch my breath and feel like I am utterly falling apart at the seams...I am reminded that I can't ever really fall apart...because HE is just holding it all together for me!!!

Please check out the links and watch the video of Louie Giglio....it will be the best few minutes of your day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laminin



http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=laminin&um=1&ie=UTF-8

2 comments:

T said...

That's pretty cool. Glad that God spoke to you tonight! I needed that too. Sure glad it's not all up to us to hold everything together!

BTW, keep up the good, hard work mom. You're doing a good job even when you can't tell it. Hang in there & rest in knowing that as big as this is--God is everywhere & in everything.

Jolanthe said...

I love that video. It's just amazing to me. :)

Jolanthe