Saturday, May 12, 2007

Fight the Good Fight!

Current mood: determined
Category: Life

Don't give up!!! Never, ever!!! Don't quit fighting for what is right!!!

It has taken 7 years to get to the point I finally had a break-through last Wednesday night.
For THREE years, he fought me in court to have one little phrase added into our paperwork. "...father shall have sole custody over healthcare issues, including therapy, if therapy is needed." Now that is A LOT of CONTROL for something that I was told "wasn't a real concern". Hmmmm...

So for the last 4 years, I have been unable to get my kids counseling for dealing with the divorce. How do I explain to them about their dad choosing his friends, parties, and drugs OVER seeing them...for only 4 nights/month? I dont. I take care of my responsibilities as a mother and love them and raise them to know what's right and wrong. They KNOW who shows them love.

Eventually, their grades slipped and anger outbursts had the school officials asking us to get them counseling. Still my hands are tied. God, of course, had a way through their dad's work to get some free sessions. During one of these limited sessions, my son told the counselor he wished his dad would come with him to counseling. Amazingly, he said yes he would go along. Now the counselor had already told me that she felt my son needed some longer term sessions and would give us a referral. However, unless their dad agreed...then I am still stuck.

Miracles, of all miracles, last Wednesday night, he actually sat there and verbally agreed with the counselor in seeking longer term counseling for the boys. He even offered to give me his insurance information so I could make the calls and arrange some sessions.

I walked out of the office, smiling upward! It took 7 years, but God's promise to make a way for me to get help for the boys...is here now, today, to encourage those around me!!!

This is also my staying power in fighting the battle of what is right, where my long-distance family is concerned!

6 comments:

T said...

I was so encouraged by the answer to prayer on Wednesday. The blog does not do the actual circumstance justice! God's timing and preparation is everything. At least the boys can get the help they need to improve their quality of life.

Jadee said...

Thanks for being by my side through all of this and praying for this answer to prayer.

I know it is a bit generic...but my blog is public and don't want to give out too many details.

I do pray that my story does continue to encourage others!!!

shakedust said...

Wow, God's timing is often very slow, but when He comes through it is awesome.

GoldenSunrise said...

Praise God! It's great your boys can get the counseling they need.

T said...

well--since I bug everyone else that doesn't blog--when will I see you again, in blog land? When will I see you again?

roamingwriter said...

Glad you had a break through. Perseverance is so important in life - and so hard! Counseling is hard work too but always worth it.