I made some brownies tonight for my boys. Thankfully, they were busy playing online with Yahooligans, so they didn't ask to taste the beaters when I was done with the mixer...LOL!
Yes, I know they have warnings out now to "not taste the beaters, because of the raw egg". But, we have all done it as kids...and I don't recall anyone going to the hospital sick because of it. How much is really on the beater? If you used the mixer like my mom, she was very good at slowly drawing the beaters out of the batter so there was hardly anything on them. Oh, but it was sooooo YUMMY! I remember as a kid, just how good that tasted and was so ancy jumping in front of the oven for the cake or brownies to bake, with my tastebuds watering. It was so hard to wait, BUT I knew "just how good the "real thing" was going to be, BECAUSE I had tasted the beaters"!
As I stood over the bowl this evening, knowing my only indulgance was the "taste" because I am off sweets for my eating regimen (wink, wink)....I contemplated this place in my life right now. I realized that during my unemployment, I am in the "waiting/baking" period of my "new job". I had a little "taste" of a position that I thoroughly enjoyed the last couple of months of 2006, BUT it was just that...a "taste". I can only imagine how much better the "real thing" is going to be when its time!
How neat it is for God to remind me of the little things and little moments that make a profound impact on my faith! I am relying on Him to fulfill the "baking" of my life and produce a decadent creation....that is only going to be so much better than I could have imagined for my life.
Don't forget to "taste the beaters"...its just a sample of the "real thing" to come!
4 comments:
I loved tasting the beaters when I was a kid. My sister and I would each get one.
That's a cool analogy. I probably have more to say about this, but not on the World Wide Web! :)
Cute! I like it.
Good analogy. They do some sort of treatment to the eggs here and leave them in the store at room temperature, so I think they are safe to eat in raw batter. Not that it's ever stopped me.
Post a Comment