Saturday, December 02, 2006

Ice Tassels

So the big news around here is that, YES, we got the big winter storm they were calling for on the weather predictions. It was NOT good. Honestly, I am not scared to drive in it, since my dad put me on a parking lot of ice to LEARN to drive! BUT it is the people that are shaking and scared to death to drive in the snow/ice that do SCARE me....because they are the ones with the jerky reactions that CAN CAUSE an accident. Thankfully, God protected us on our path these last couple of days.

Unfortunately, since I am used to this weather from growing up in Alaska, I really could care less if I EVER see snow again. That is very saddening to my boys who have only had the snow experience about twice in their life. (at least where they were big enough to go play in it) BUT I HATE...okay...REALLY and TRULY DISLIKE...cleaning off my car in the mornings and after work. When I was a kid, I never had to do that job...so winter was FUN!

Their childhood enjoyment reminded me to soften my attitude, when I heard my oldest say to his brother, "Look, ice tassels!" WHAT? What are ice tassels? To him, ICICLES looked like Ice Tassels! How cute! But wow, he didn't even know they were called icicles. I really have lacked in my job as a mother by not teaching them more about winter!!

So today, they got to work on building a snowman. It is cold enough here that I think there will still be snow on the ground tomorrow so they can finish it. As a dutiful mother, I will take pictures! =o)

3 comments:

T said...

My kids played outside too! They love the snow!

shakedust said...

I hate cleaning the car off too. A lot.

It seems that by the first snow or ice of the year a ton of people have forgotten how to drive since last winter. A few days ago I got stuck behind someone who wouldn't drive faster than 10 MPH. To me, that's as dangerous as speeding on the ice because you can't use your speed to correct sideways sliding due to the slope of the road.

I'm glad at least someone gets some benefit from the weather. :)

GoldenSunrise said...

ice tassels is very cute. i hate ice also.