Sunday, November 19, 2006

Some People

I find it very interesting how some people can end a friendship, yet call for help with the preface of "I know we aren't talking anymore, but I need some help." Hopefully, it's because they know that I have the heart that does help and doesn't hold grudges. Or maybe it's because they know that I wasn't the one in the wrong, when they made it clear we were not going to be friends anymore. I am not sure how to respond when I was treated like I didn't exist, yet now I am trustworthy of "keeping an eye on their apartment". Some people....

Ironically, after a year of having it out with another friend...she emailed me last night, stating she was always here for me if I ever needed anything. Funny how some people make it clear they don't want your friendship if you ever disagree with them on something. Oh, and its interesting that I received the email after she has moved to another state. Is it because some people feel safer volunteering their care and concern when they aren't nearby? Maybe they know that it's nearly impossible to "be there for you"? Some people...

I know some people disappear off the radar for a period of time then all of a sudden pop back online and are happy to talk. I have teased one friend for the last several years that I have to call and make sure he is still breathing every couple of months. He agreed that was fine! Another friend seems to disappear when things get crazy in his life. I can understand that! I don't feel like talking to people when I am overwhelmed with stuff in life. Some people....

Are just like me.

6 comments:

T said...

Yes, we all have our down sides. :(

Jadee said...

It wasn't meant to be about people's downsides...just thought how interesting...I am not a "good enough friend" until there is a "crisis"!

T said...

What I took from it, was that we all let people down. Fall off the radar at some point..etc. Everybody. But that we're ALL doing this at some point or another. I wasn't say "we all have our down sides" in a critical way, but in an observation way. I assumed that's the way you meant it. I also assume that if we all have a down side, we all have an upside too! :)But I figure that's a given! :)

Jadee said...

Actually that is what I was observing...and even including myself in that observation! ;)

But yet, I am glad that eventually they feel like they can come back!

I will give you details later! =)

shakedust said...

That's one good thing about being friends with guys. Most guys don't bother with grudges or not talking to each other.

GoldenSunrise said...

I have had friends that ended the friendship. I sometimes disappear off the radar. Nobody is perfect. : )