I hate Road Rage!
Ever since I was a victim of road rage and we were run off the road and flipped our car twice....ending up with a broken wrist and a head concussion....I am more leery of other drivers. It seems like I always get the most ignorant drivers who insist on risking their life and mine (and my kids) just to insist on cutting me off in the lanes of traffic. I have often wondered what would happen if I wasn't attentive enough to make adjustments for their sudden moves. When I am driving STRAIGHT and in MY lane...and they were to pull into me...who is at fault? Personally, I don't take that risk because I have had enough car accidents for this life and the next!!
I found that my best therapy was to write down all the information of the car and tag number. It has helped me get all that out of my system, by putting it down on paper. I have often wished there was a hotline that I could report these license plates. However, whenever it has been a serious offense and I called the police department...my only option is to pull over and wait for a squad car to come to file a report. Honestly, that takes too long....and I think the perpetrators KNOW that they can't be stopped.
I am brewing an idea in my head that could be a resource to all those that drive. I must run it by T first...LOL! But I am thinking we should have an online "therapy group" blog?? I have a name for it too...LOL! Let me know your input/thoughts...or am I just simply being overreactive because of my car accident in 2002?
5 comments:
I don't know if you are overreacting or not? I am often accused of not reacting enough. What's the name of your blog? I think if it makes you feel better it's worth it! You never know it may just take off like wildfire! Then again, you may find out that someone is mad at you on it at some point! :) :) :)
Which would be my luck! :)
I get upset at other drivers on the road, but it stops there. Without being there it is impossible to say what is going too far.
For some reason, I thought I'd heard of a website to report or complain about bad drivers. If there is, we could all post things - that's for sure. We were almost hit today by a guy deciding to park suddenly on a narrow Spanish street!
To clarify....I DON'T get road rage to other drivers....I am usually the focus of their rage and finger pointing (you know the one). If I do see any company vehicles that are dangerously driving...I WILL CALL the company and explain that its poor advertising to see an irate driver representing their company.
The other day I had a local taxi driver do this weaving in and out of traffic and almost broadswiped me and cut off another car...so I did call and report that driver (its his business to drive and should be a safe driver transporting PEOPLE). The manager thanked me greatly. HOWEVER, I saw the cab driver again a couple more times on the same road about the same time. The third time, he recognized me...and turned down the next street and followed me to the daycare to get my kids.....so I kept on driving around and went back out to the main road...then he finally went back where he was heading. But there was no way I was going to let him know where my kids were...or know where to wait for me on another day!!!
Post a Comment